If your KATANA Zirconia Block has only 6 numbers on the barcode, please add a “_" space at the end.
Wet Milling? Learn more on how KATANA Zirconia can be wet milled here.
KATANA™ MEETS CEREC©
A NEW SOLUTION FOR CHAIR SIDE
- Super Translucent Zirconia
- Multi-Layered Block for
- 18 Minutes Sintering*
* restorations less than 3mm
Commercial video on the new KATANA™ Multi-Layered Zirconia Block.
Instructional video on the new KATANA™ Multi-Layered Zirconia Block.
Learn and understand its properties and usage.
Video on the new KATANA™ Multi-Layered Zirconia Block provided by cerecdoctors.com.
All rights reserved by cerecdoctors.com
Getting Started with KATANA Zirconia Block Webinar with Dr. Greg Campbell.
SPEED PROCESS FOR CHAIR SIDE
KATANA™ Zirconia Block, the innovative multi-layered Zirconia block*1, specialized for fabricating full contour zirconia prosthetics, is now chairside. Our new zirconia block product can be used with Dentsply Sirona’s CEREC system. The collaboration of Kuraray Noritake Dental’s superior materials technology and Dentsply Sirona’s advanced-technology equipment now makes it possible to fabricate full zirconia restorations in approx. 35 minutes*2.
- *CL shade is not a
- *When using this product, use the following guidelines: CEREC software 4.5.2 or later is required. For 18-minute sintering, CEREC software 4.61 or later is required. In the US, CEREC software 4.6 or later is required
- *For cases where the wall thickness is less than 3mm using dry milling.
- *Dry milling is recommended. If wet milling/grinding is performed by using cooling water contaminated by silica-based glass ceramics (lithium disilicate glass, etc.), the translucency of the zirconia may be reduced after baking. Before wet milling/grinding, clean the milling/grinding chamber, cooling water tank and filter insert. The cooling water must be changed in order to assure optimum results.
The Multi-layered KATANA™ Zirconia Block consists of four layers of zirconia in gradated shades. This product allows the chair side fabrication of natural-tooth-colored restorations – eliminating time-consuming and difficult challenge in staining a restoration.
NEW SOLUTION FOR CHAIR SIDE
Dentists in the clinical setting often ask themselves to decide which is more important, the mechanical or the esthetic qualities of restorations. With its superb mechanical properties and esthetic qualities that mimic natural teeth, KATANA™ Zirconia Block resolves this dilemma. It provides new solutions to a variety of clinical problems that cannot be addressed by lithium silicate glass (LS glass) or conventional zirconia.
MINIMIZING WALL THICKNESS
As an all-ceramic option, zirconia has excellent mechanical properties. KATANA™ Zirconia Block, a highly translucent form of zirconia, has better mechanical properties than LS glass. This means that it is possibly by using KATANA™ Zirconia Block to design a thinner restoration than those that can be fabricated using LS glass. This results in both great mechanical properties and beautiful esthetics, with no compromise!
RELIABILITY FOR ZIRCONIA ADHESION
Our adhesive MDP monomer adheres especially well to zirconia. Reliable bonding of KATANA™ Zirconia Block to the tooth structure can be attained by using PANAVIA™ V5 Tooth Primer and CLEARFIL™ CERAMIC PRIMER PLUS containing MDP monomer.